Magnolia Tree

Magnolia Tree

Monday, May 30, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day!

     I am so pumped. After all the research, the creating of too many different documents, and the timing on my stopwatch to record for my senior project, the day for auditions has finally come! There are so many people that I have talked to that are interested, and it is making me so excited.
     I have the same feeling right now that one would get right before going on stage to perform. I'd say there are probably around 600 butterflies in my stomach, and this play is literally the only thing I can think about. I'm more excited for these auditions than the fact that the last day of junior year is in 2 days. All I know is that I will most likely be having the hardest time casting this show. There will be so many different possibilities, but I can only have six women. That is not a lot at all, and I hope I don't pull my hair out as I am deciding on this cast tomorrow night.
     Yesterday I had my final meeting with my stage manager before auditions. We went on a Starbucks run and we talked about the show for maybe 2 or 3 hours. I know that she is just excited about these auditions as I am.
     All I know is that it actually feels real now. It was originally an idea, and tomorrow it will officially become a project. I cannot wait to see how everything unfolds.

And to all of those women who are auditioning..... Break a leg!

Audition info- Auditions will take place tomorrow, May 31st after school at 3:30 in the Studio Room at Columbus North High School. It will be a cold reading, so you don't need to have any monologues prepared. I can't wait to see the turn out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment