Magnolia Tree

Magnolia Tree

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Robert Harling

   Okay, so today I found out some important research about this play's creator and writer, Robert Harling.

    The first thing I found out was the inspiration that Robert Harling had to write this story. He had written it based on his own, personal experiences with the death of his sister. I do not know this for sure, but I wonder whether or not his sister had diabetes. If his sister is supposed to resemble any character in the play, it would most definitely be Shelby.

    I also found out that he was actually a character in the film Steel Magnolias. He played a minister. Although it was not a very large role, I still think that it would be amazing to be apart of your own creation.

   Sadly, Robert passed away in 2008. It would have been absolutely amazing to meet him though. This is a phenomenal story.

No comments:

Post a Comment